Steel strapping is a popular packaging material used in various industries, including construction, manufacturing, and logistics. To ensure the safety and security of your products during transportation, it’s essential to use the right tools and techniques to apply the steel strapping correctly. One of the most critical tools for steel strapping is the tensioner, which helps to tighten the strapping to the desired tension. In this article, we’ll provide a complete guide on steel strapping tensioner instructions to help you achieve efficient and effective strapping.
Types of Steel Strapping Tensioner
There are two main types of steel strapping tensioner manual and pneumatic. Manual tensioners require hand force to operate, while pneumatic tensioners use compressed air. Manual tensioners are suitable for low-volume applications, while pneumatic tensioners are more efficient for high-volume applications. Depending on your application and budget, you can choose the appropriate type of tensioner.
Preparing the Steel Strapping
Before using the tensioner, you need to prepare the steel strapping. Here are the steps
– Cut the steel strapping to the desired length using steel strapping cutters.
– Thread the steel strapping through the tensioner, making sure that the strapping is straight and aligned.
– Insert the steel strapping into the steel strapping sealer or steel strapping sealless tool.
– Position the steel strapping around the product to be strapped, making sure that the strapping is tight and secured.
Using the Steel Strapping Tensioner
Here are the steps for using the steel strapping tensioner
– Hold the tensioner with one hand and the steel strapping with the other hand.
– Pull the steel strapping tight and wrap it around the product to be strapped.
– Insert the steel strapping into the tensioner, making sure that the strapping is aligned and centered.
– Start cranking the tensioner handle to tighten the steel strapping to the desired tension. The tensioner will apply pressure to the steel strapping, pulling it tight around the product.
– Keep cranking the tensioner handle until the steel strapping is tight enough. You can use a tension gauge to measure the tension accurately.
– Release the tensioner handle and remove the steel strapping from the tensioner.
– Use the steel strapping sealer or steel strapping sealless tool to seal the strapping.
When using a steel strapping tensioner, it’s essential to follow these safety tips
– Always wear safety gloves and glasses to protect your hands and eyes from sharp edges.
– Make sure that the steel strapping is not damaged or worn out before using it.
– Position the steel strapping away from your body to avoid injury.
– Use the appropriate tension for the product being strapped to prevent damage or breakage.
– Keep the tensioner and other tools clean and well-maintained to ensure safe and efficient operation.
Steel strapping tensioner is a critical tool for efficient and effective steel strapping. By following the instructions above, you can achieve consistent and reliable strapping results. Remember to choose the appropriate type of tensioner, prepare the steel strapping correctly, use the tensioner properly, and follow safety tips. With these practices, you can ensure the safety and security of your products during transportation and storage.